When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color matched paint for Schwinns

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dave laidacker

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hello,

Does anyone have good suggestions where I can get properly matched paint for a green 1959 Phantom and a red 1953 Phantom. I have two real nice bikes and both do not have the original tanks. Better yet, do you know someone that may have original 59 green Phantom tank or an original 1953 red Phantom tank.

Thank you very much.
Dave
Danville, PA

You can go to a local auto paint supplier and have the paint matched but they need a flat part about 2 X 2 to put their scope under. Otherwise you will have to try to match the paint chips to the color. I just went through this a couple of weeks ago with my 54 Jaguar. I ended up leaving the front fork for them to match. Be prepared it won't be cheap I am going to have roughly $350 all together for primer, paint, clear coat and misc items.

The local auto paint store in my area matches paint and puts it in a rattle can for about $70.

Contact Dan at Bicycle Bones. He has the red in spray cans. It's a 2K eurothane. As good as it gets in spray cans. Plus, he's a good guy.

As far as the green you might contact 66 Auto Color. They can do custom colors in spray cans.

Here in Pennsylvania, I go to Hovis auto parts. They color match paint, and it's in a spray can. I had a 41 DX in brown. I got the color spot on from them.

Back