When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

coloring white line on gripper slik

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

duey377

Look Ma, No Hands!
Im looking at purchasing a repop white wall gripper slik for my for my 69 pea picker.has anyone tried to change color.(in my case green). and how was result? What color sharpie would get me close?

Thanks in advance
Bill

Interesting idea if you are willing to potentially trash some repro slicks. Consider dying them with Rit fabric dye. Guys use this stuff to dye plastic gun stocks with good results. It's sold in just about all grocery stores. Make a bath for the tire so you can get an even color and submerge the tire. This is all theoretical and I'm not sure what the green dye would do to the black rubber, experiment with a junk tire.

619da589af40bd9a5fe7afc782c47d8f.jpg

Interesting idea if you are willing to potentially trash some repro slicks. Consider dying them with Rit fabric dye. Guys use this stuff to dye plastic gun stocks with good results. It's sold in just about all grocery stores. Make a bath for the tire so you can get an even color and submerge the tire. This is all theoretical and I'm not sure what the green dye would do to the black rubber, experiment with a junk tire.

[WallUOTE="momo608, post: 677749, member: 71391"]Interesting idea if you are willing to potentially trash some repro slicks. Consider dying them with Rit fabric dye. Guys use this stuff to dye plastic gun stocks with good results. It's sold in just about all grocery stores. Make a bath for the tire so you can get an even color and submerge the tire. This is all theoretical and I'm not sure what the green dye would do to the black rubber, experiment with a junk tire.

[/QUOTE]
Not the whole tire, just the white W

[WallUOTE="momo608, post: 677749, member: 71391"]Interesting idea if you are willing to potentially trash some repro slicks. Consider dying them with Rit fabric dye. Guys use this stuff to dye plastic gun stocks with good results. It's sold in just about all grocery stores. Make a bath for the tire so you can get an even color and submerge the tire. This is all theoretical and I'm not sure what the green dye would do to the black rubber, experiment with a junk tire.

I know, I'm thinking the dye would be ineffective on black or you can wipe it off with bleach. Get creative out there, think outside the box and all that. Geez!

Back