When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Great bike Rick, well worth the time, a rubdown, greace & tires you'll be riding it style next year at the coaster ride. The Started this project but I guess I need stronger goof off because LQ thinner was too strong,green is OG but red was someones Christmas project, think it will go down the road for someone else to finish,haven't seen many Colson versions blister tank.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody have an idea what I had here? I'm sad I just sold it...

I had this bike for about 15 years. I purchased it with only a description of "Colson pre-war frame, needs work". So, with a little scrubbing here and there this is what I've cobbled together. Now, can anyone tell me what it really was and how stupid was I to sell it?

Frame is stamped 11 606 on the underside of the bottom bracket. I guess it could be 909 11
Seat rail at the back is stamped LOBDELL EMERY Mfg, Alma, MI USA
New Departure coaster brake
Heart shaped chainring, not a skiptooth
Colson brass tag/logo affixed to the stem
Schwinn "Typhoon" cord tire on the rear
Hoop style rear frame

Colson1XL-1.jpg

20100122_shots20010XL-1.jpg

20100122_shots20011XL-1.jpg

20100122_shots20017XL-1.jpg

Everything I see here looks the same as my 53 Commander, except the chain guard is not original. This bike may or not be missing the tank & rack also, both big ticket items. Depending on what's under the OD, 100-150 range IMHO.

Not a project but another camel-back (Firestone) Colson, think its a yr. or two later than the other one,ck out the bullnose guard and it had red coke bottle grips but years ago I walked into the garage where it had been stored about 10 yrs they were just kinda desinagrated dripping off the bars and haven't found another pair, I will ck the serial # next time I have it out
227.jpg
228.jpg
229.jpg

227.jpg

228.jpg

229.jpg

Last edited:
Just got this this week.
1939 Goodyear Colson.
Lot to on this one. Already have had offered but, I would like to work on this one first....but you never know. I have so many on the stand or waiting their turn to be be revived at the moment.
Was recently used in a yard as yardart. Seller said he found it hanging in a barn in Va. The barn was being torn down shortly and he was hired as a land surveyor of the property. So he snatched it.

It needs an acid bath. And some correct parts.

21056f06a9489c913a3fa10ce710f23d-1.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Back