When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Colson ??????

OK you colson fans. I need your help. Got some Colson stuff here, I am not up on the Colsons so here are my questions,
What year? the # are: 1 6 5 9 4 F B C with F J underneath. took several photos of the bottom bracket none turned out too good.
I show two racks. one is on the memory lane cat. the other shown with the bike. Which one is correct for this bike? the one on the catalog, is it a repop? is it missing something to attach to the seat post bracket?
Is this the correct seat ? Do the fenders look right?
The head badge is missing. At first glance it looks square, but look close and you will notice the corners appear clipped and slightly curved. Any one have a photo of the headbadge they think was originally on it? Please post if you do. I am thinking of buying these parts and just want to know if this stuff goes together . If it does I will put together and leave as is.
Also what type of kickstand did it have? I cant tell if it had a tank on it. would it have been a snap tank? Thanks guys:)
008.jpg
001.jpg
002.JPG
013.jpg

017.JPG

018.JPG

011.JPG

005.JPG

010.JPG

008.jpg

001.jpg

002.JPG

013.jpg

The clipped edges on the headbadge outline looks like the could have been for a Firestone Cruiser or Firestone Pilot, which are two that come to mind. The chevrons on the fender may provide a clue to an expert as to how it may have been badged. The rack on the catalog is correct for this bike. The bike probably had a braced dropstand with attached rivets for cotter pins. And if this bike actually had one, a ribbed snap tank would be correct. I'm mystified by the second line on the serial number.

Last edited:
Thanks Dave. I will check the pictures of the Firestone badges. Could the F in the F J stand for Firestone?
I am thinking it must be a 39 or 1940. if anyone has a photo of a Firestone cruiser please post it. thank you.

he one on the catalog, is it a repop? is it missing something to attach to the seat post bracket?
Is this the correct seat ? Do the fenders look right?

I haven't heard of these racks being reproduced. Looks pretty original to me. Although, I'm sure a previous owner drilled the holes on the back portion.
The rack is missing a simple bracket as shown.
Fair warning: The rack on the catalog may not fit your seat stays very well. It's possible that this rack may fit a loop frame Colson better. If that's the case and you would sell the rack, please let me know.
My book shows long spring saddles still being used on some models into the early 40's. So I think if the saddle wasn't original to the bike, it certainly wouldn't look out of place on it. Again I'm not an expert.
Fenders are correct to the bike.

Bracket.jpg

Last edited:
Back