When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson Scout Snap Tank Detail Pics

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Krakatoa

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Thought some of you would be interested to see some close up details of how the snap tank works on my new-to-me Colson Scout with 'blister' tank. Imagine my surprise when I found either side comes on or off independently with little spring loaded brackets! This has got to be the coolest method of holding a tank on ever, although now I am petrified someone could just walk off with the hardest to find two parts on the bike. I wonder what other Colson tank models used this feature? I was only aware of the bikes so nicknamed 'snap tanks' and had not seen actually how it worked before now.:D

DSCN7589.JPG

DSCN7590.JPG

DSCN7591.JPG

DSCN7592.JPG

DSCN7593.JPG

DSCN7594.JPG

It's up there in the hard-to-find tanks I'd say, and all too easy to swipe!! Some bad things probably happened back in the day! In response to your question the Cushioner came out in 1941 and I haven't seen a complete Colson catalog for that year yet. Individual '41 bikes I've seen pictured with it include the Imperial Twin Cushioner, Grill Nose, Clipper, & Firestone Super Cruiser but not the Blister Tank.

Back