When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Convertible Commuter

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TRM

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I built this one last summer. It started as a girls 1962 Columbia Firebolt. I added one of my TRM Convertible Tanks, some 700c wheels and some modern components to create a commuter bike.

This is where it started.
Original%20Frame_zpsxmxxbbl4.jpg

This is where it finished.
01_zpsay2epet9.jpg

02_zpsgr2uoxgb.jpg

03_zpsnzs70mh5.jpg

That's great! :D
I'm gonna buy stock in crappy 60's girl's frames. That thing is amazing. It takes a true artist with real vision to turn a turd into that beautiful machine. Does it ride as good as it looks?
Thanks, it rides good and accelerates quick but it does have some frame flex that feels a little weird at times. It weighs in at just over 30lb.
That is a work of art,beautiful job. I wish I had the talent to do something like that.
Thank you. I'm sure that you could build a bike like this too. :)

That may be my favorites of all the conversions you've done. Really like the built in rack on those frames.
Can't remember but I think there is clearance inside tank for a top bar to be welded to frame for reinforcement? Lessen the frame flex.

Reactions: TRM
Back