When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Combined Coaster/Open Invitation Nashville Ride

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
For what its worth, the concerns about leaving cars parked "under the bridge" are unfounded. That area is attached to Nissan Stadium and is a very safe tourist based area. I won't go as far as saying that a bike lock isn't required to keep the honest people honest, but overall its a safe part of town. Parking is usually free there other than "event days", so a thorough check of other local scheduled events is a good idea, especially any events at Nissan Stadium, Ascend Amphitheater or any of the several street festivals on or near lower Broadway. That bridge is actually now a pedestrian and bicycle only bridge and is very conducive for a group bike ride and an amazing place for a group picture over the water with the Nashville Skyline as a backdrop. The required city streets to switch from the bridge path over to the greenway are just a couple of short blocks in a tourist area that coexists with lots of pedestrian traffic regularly.
Having said that, as a local you would not find me riding a bike in any area within several blocks of Antique Archaeology. It sits in an area that is becoming trendy, but the residents of the surrounding neighborhoods have not got the memo that armed robbery and drug deals are not everyone's cup of tea. There is safety in numbers, but it is possible that even a sizable group of concealed carry riders may be outgunned in that particular area of town that surrounds AA.:)

For what its worth, the concerns about leaving cars parked "under the bridge" are unfounded. That area is attached to Nissan Stadium and is a very safe tourist based area. I won't go as far as saying that a bike lock isn't required to keep the honest people honest, but overall its a safe part of town. Parking is usually free there other than "event days", so a thorough check of other local scheduled events is a good idea, especially any events at Nissan Stadium, Ascend Amphitheater or any of the several street festivals on or near lower Broadway. That bridge is actually now a pedestrian and bicycle only bridge and is very conducive for a group bike ride and an amazing place for a group picture over the water with the Nashville Skyline as a backdrop. The required city streets to switch from the bridge path over to the greenway are just a couple of short blocks in a tourist area that coexists with lots of pedestrian traffic regularly.
Having said that, as a local you would not find me riding a bike in any area within several blocks of Antique Archaeology. It sits in an area that is becoming trendy, but the residents of the surrounding neighborhoods have not got the memo that armed robbery and drug deals are not everyone's cup of tea. There is safety in numbers, but it is possible that even a sizable group of concealed carry riders may be outgunned in that particular area of town that surrounds AA.:)

So what would you think about starting there-at the bridge- (no flyer change) riding the Greenway up to Ted Rhodes and turning around and catch lunch on the way back? I guess we really need to see if there are any events that would preclude us from parking there. V/r Shawn

I was wondering if you were going to chime in Clint. That's why I mentioned awhile back about packing, hahaha! Sorry guys but I've been busy with getting our house on the market.

This looks like a great time. 12 hour drive for me but I'm very tempted to go for it. Work is my only problem but if I get sick on that Wednesday (problem solved). You guys have put a lot of time into this ride already. I saw this old post and thought maybe you could combine two good things and possibly make them both better. I don't know if Smoopy's Bike Shop is still having a bike show or not maybe someone here knows.
Bike Show - Antique Archeology - Nashville - Sept. 28, 2013
Discussion in 'Swap Meets, Events, Rides' started by decotriumph, Sep 24, 2013.
Looks like you will have to search the key words here I couldn't get the post listed here.

Sounds like we got alot pf people coming out for this ride! Hope you can make it, hawthornecrazy! There is also a rockabilly type car show in nashville that weekend! Its gonna be epic!

Your onto something there Shawn, sounds like the month of May is getting pretty busy for events in Nashville. Let's keep an eye on this.

Back