When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct Spoke Gague

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sfhschwinn

I live for the CABE
Does anyone know what gauge spoke was used on the rear of the Schwinn tandems/heavy duty? Just had a LBS measure a atom 5 speed drum hub to a 20 inch 36 spoke s2 for me. Going on my Mini twin. I want to buy a set of OG Torrington spokes and cut/re thread them to the size I need as I cant find anything but stainless steel spokes and want them to match the front wheel.

pretty sure you need .105 gauge spokes,but some used .120 spokes.you didn't say if the rim had 28 or 36 holes.hub is probably 36.
I have 28 used .105 spokes you can have.nipples should be easy enough to find as well as 8 more spokes if needed.

pretty sure you need .105 gauge spokes,but some used .120 spokes.you didn't say if the rim had 28 or 36 holes.hub is probably 36.
I have 28 used .105 spokes you can have.nipples should be easy enough to find as well as 8 more spokes if needed.
Hub and wheel are 36 spoke so its 10g? really don't understand the decimal thing

I believe you're right.all I've seen are 10 gauge or .105.
also make sure your hub and rim will accomodate the larger diameter.sounds like the hub should be alright,but you might have to relieve the spoke holes in the rim.I would recommend drilling from the knurled side to the inner rim.less chance for chrome damage.

.105 is 12g.

.120 is 11g.

I think they called .120 10g a while back, but if you order 10g now you're getting motorcycle spokes.

Thanks for all the help. Just bought NOS 12g Torrington spokes for a whizzer but I will have to cut them and buy a threading tool to make them 177mm

Back