When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corvette Headlight?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

prairieschooner

Finally riding a big boys bike
I am waiting for a 1961 Schwinn Corvette to come but looking at the pics it looks like the Headlight is missing. Can someone give me some advice as to what I should be looking for? I will want an original and not a replacement.
Thanks in advance!
PS will be selling my Roadmaster Reissue soon!

The light is known as the pumpkin light. Here is the back half of one but it shows the majority of details if you are looking for one. There was also a later version with side reflectors and I'm pretty sure that one was never installed on a factory bike, it was just an accessory. Pricey lights if you find one complete in nice condition. I have 8 Corvettes, all missing the light and I refuse to pay the going prices for one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schwinn-Pum...089636?hash=item1c67f368e4:g:AwwAAOSwwE5WWiTJ

From all the 60/61 bikes I've owned,there was a mixture of two different styles around that time.first pic is an original early 61 style CEV.scond pic is an original 62 pumpkin style.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Island to the rescue! Thanks! Got to thinking and remembered the Pumpkin came on the 62's. Been trying to find a good pic of the 61 light and it looks like I can stop my search now.

dsc01345-jpg.jpg

Thanks Island! so much to learn.
OK Looking at that 60/61 Headlight is that the On/Off Switch at the bottom? and looks like it may have had the batteries inside or was there a generator?
now searching, were these a Schwinn exclusive or did other bikes uses them as well?

image.jpg
If it takes the CEV light, good luck. There getting harder to find and expensive. Think they started using them in 59 and only used them for a couple years. I never could get one for my 59 Mark IV jag.

Island Schwinn's early 61 photo is the light I have on my Mark IV. The original was missing reflector and lens; light body was severely pitted and rusty... I got a brand new one @ Memory Lane this spring... had to wait two days for the man to dig it out; I thought the rain was going to prevent me from getting one. I also got a good used CEV lamp for my 60 Tiger from same man... I hope I don't need any more Schwinn lamps!

0624160813.jpg
Ah ha! So here are all of the Schwinn headlights left to right. Side-light pumpkin, Delta Pumpkin, CEV single bulb (i.e. Tiger, etc), CEV double bulb (high end Jaguars, Corvettes, etc), Delta small bottom switch, Delta ball light with top Delta logo first Corvettes . Im pretty sure the side light started in 64, pumpkin in 62, CEVs were 59ish to 61/62, small switch Delta 58/59/60 and the sweet Delta with the top stamp started 55 on mens and lady Corvettes.

0624160812.jpg

0624160811.jpg

Damn! just when I was getting used to this..........it has all changed and it looks like your dog agrees!
OK so please correct me but it looks like I would need a Double Bulb CEV like #4 from the left if I want to stay with the correct Headlight. That one looks to have a Side Post so does it use a Generator?
Now looking....again! but wait is there another?

Back