When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cross Threading

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

burrolalb

Finally riding a big boys bike
Ok im having trouble putting on the top nut on my fork, i need some help cause i think its cross threading im not sure if i could just buy a headset that would fit and just slap it on or if anyone converted there head set to a modern theadless, to me it would be ideal to put a seal bearing one on but not sure if its possible
858f756bd22bd1fc8c43f334cde4cc8b.jpg
382a40dfb74c5f1e3fbc1b18cd601ab6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

it's unlikely that the race nut is buggered, just clean the threads with a awl or similar and eyeball (keep perpendicular) as you carefully turnin on and down. Sometimes they can get a bit tricky.

it's unlikely that the race nut is buggered, just clean the threads with a awl or similar and eyeball (keep perpendicular) as you carefully turnin on and down. Sometimes they can get a bit tricky.
I just hope it's just that but i keep trying that thanks for your input

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If the steer tube threads are pretty bad, you can use a small file to fix 'em up. Harbor Freight has a whole set of needle files for a coupla bucks.

If you can't get it, call around to bike shops and find one with a steer tube die. They can chase the treads for you.

Back