When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crusty Seat Refurbish

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

johnboy

Finally riding a big boys bike
I think most people will agree that it's easier to re-cover a double- pan seat as opposed to the single pan variety. I picked up a single pan seat in poor shape and decided to try making an inner pan for it . An empty cereal box was used to make a template of the inner portion of the primary pan. It was then transferred to some 1/8" thick fiber board I had in the garage. It seems to have turned out alright. I use marine- grade black vinyl from the local fabric store--- it's durable and cheap.I don't have the knowledge and expertise to recover a seat like the factory did. The inner pan helps hold the material tight and looks a heck of a lot neater than seeing all that folded over material.
006.jpg
005.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg

Great work! I have seen a few of your seats now. I think you are very modest about your abilities and are a good guy on top of it. I hope all is well with you!

Back