When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cycle Truck Question??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jrodarod

I live for the CABE
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I purchased a 1939 Schwinn Cycle Truck and it had some interesting wheels on it. I'm guess they are Lobdell rims. The hub has a sliding axle and looks just like my eclipse hub but no stamp. Can you guys and or gals help me identify what it is and what it's worth. I have no use for this wheel. Thank!

Funny,I've had at least 20 cycletrucks,1939-46. Never have had one with a flat lobdell,and the bone stock 1946 had a eclipse drop out axle. All the pre war ones I've had,have had heavy steel,enameled 36 hole drop centers,w/a large flange front hub,no drop out axle. Late 1941,they were blacked out for the war effort. Hope this helps.
2a45aaf93250f87d4ccd65252cdf642f.jpg
this is my late 1942 small basket cycletruck.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have the same hub on two of mine, though not with the painted rim. One (41) is a drop-center, the other (39) appears to be a re-chromed Lobdell, I think, but both front and rear are nicely chromed.

02968.jpg

00173.JPG

REC
NOTE: The seat on the 39 has been replaced since the photo.

Back