When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cycletruck Question Regarding Pedals

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

OhioJones

Wore out three sets of tires already!
The blocks on my pedals are waffles. Were those ever used the first few years of production? Not much on the bike has been replaced, which draws me to believe that they may possibly be original...but, still i question.

Should have placed this in Schwinn. Meh

20160518_010220.jpg
Same blue as on the frame. OG Schwinn blue. Pedals also say made in Germany. Like to learn more about this whole deal.

The blocks on my pedals are waffles. Were those ever used the first few years of production? Not much on the bike has been replaced, which draws me to believe that they may possibly be original...but, still i question.

Should have placed this in Schwinn. Meh

I have TWO 1966 cycle trucks and both have waffle pedals.

I have TWO 1966 cycle trucks and both have waffle pedals.
Do they have, "made in germany" stamped into them anywhere? I know that in the 60's pedals similiar to these were used on several schwinns. But, after doing some reading, have also seen them labeled as prewar. Not that that means much without examples and proof. :/

Do they have, "made in germany" stamped into them anywhere? I know that in the 60's pedals similiar to these were used on several schwinns. But, after doing some reading, have also seen them labeled as prewar. Not that that means much without examples and proof. :/

They just have a Schwinn approved logo on the ends.

The made in Germany mark would be on the back (inside?) of the pedal by the threads that would go into the crank arm. I looked at all mine Jones and had one pair that said "made in Germany", rest made in USA. These were the squared off lookin ones from later on not the nice rounded lookin ended ones you got you would expect to see pre-60 or so....about all I can tell ya man.

The made in Germany mark would be on the back (inside?) of the pedal by the threads that would go into the crank arm. I looked at all mine Jones and had one pair that said "made in Germany", rest made in USA. These were the squared off lookin ones from later on not the nice rounded lookin ended ones you got you would expect to see pre-60 or so....about all I can tell ya man.
The mark is actually on the outside on these along with a small what appears to be square or D with something in the middle. Illedgible altogether. Damnit.

Back