When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CYCLONE COASTER 18th Annual FREE Swapmeet & Sunday Ride - May 7th 2017

-
View attachment 446136

Our thanks again goes out to our friend Chris Reece - Owner of the World Famous PIKE Bar & Restaurant & the former drummer of this little band called Social Distortion - if you ever wondered why the Social D skeleton smoking & the martini glass was on the CYCLONE COASTER swapmeet flyer - well it's in honor of Chris - who opens the PIKE doors & has his staff there early @ 7:00am for EVERY CYCLONE COASTER FREE Swapmeet since day 1 to provide us with great food - the KILLER breakfast burritos - full bar & yes the use of his back parking lot - Can't thank you enough Chris

SWAPMEET RULES -- PLEASE keep the noise down & ARRIVE NO EARLIER than 6:00am to set-up your FREE swap spot - If you are traveling from a far - camp out a few blocks away & roll out to set up closer to daylight that's all & keep it down - We have to respect the Pike & their neighbors to continue to have our CYCLONE COASTER FREE SWAPMEETS here & ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING in the PIKE parking lot - Chris WILL TOW - no F****ing around

JUST REMEMBER
the FREE swap starts @ 7:00am & NOW ENDS by 10:00am - THIS IS REQUESTED FROM THE PIKE's OWNER CHRIS who wants the parking lot cleared out by 10:00 am for his regulars that start rolling in

AGAIN - the CYCLONE COASTER FREE Swapmeets START @ 7:00am - BUT - PLEASE ARRIVE NO EARLIER than 6:00am to set-up your FREE swap spot & park your car off site in the surrounding neighborhood -

Many killer rare parts as well as complete bicycles exchanged hands as they do at everyone of these CYCLONE COASTER FREE SWAPMEETS here @ the PIKE - Thanks to my fellow bicycle enthusiast & fellow riders @ PIKE BAR & RESTAURANT home of the FREE CYCLONE COASTER SWAPMEET since day one

The CYCLONE COASTER Sunday Ride will be held AFTER the FREE Swapmeet from Portfolio Coffeehouse @ 11am - 1/2 hour later due to the swapmeet - THE THEME this month will be MONARK MAY with your themed ride organizer this month fordmike here on the Cabe - It has also been suggested to ride your Cycletrucks - since it is the perfect swapmeet bicycle to carry all your goodies in - Ride one theme or the other - or if you have both & can't decide - SIMPLE - bring a friend "along for the ride" literally

A GREAT DAY ALWAYS - Pop a reminder on your hand held device of choice NOW for the CYCLONE COASTER FREE SWAPMEET - So you are sure not to miss it THIS TIME - Thanks again to everyone that makes CYCLONE COASTER a part of their Sunday - Ride Vintage
Love Social Distortion, great band!

Is anyone interested in a 1940-41 complete Girls Hawthorne Comet? It's a rusty project but a good start. No original paint left, it will need to be restored. The original tank is too rusted but I have a replacement. The rim whoops are severely pitted but I have rechromed original dropcenters complete with spokes/nipples. If no interest, I won't bring it with me this Sunday. Please send a PM of any interest to me please.

More info and pics here

Thanks,
-JG

Last edited:
Is anyone interested in a 1940-41 complete Girls Hawthorne Comet? It's a rusty project but a good start. No original paint left, it will need to be restored. The original tank is too rusted but I have a replacement. The rim whoops are severely pitted but I have rechromed original dropcenters complete with spokes/nipples. If no interest, I won't bring it with me this Sunday. Please send a PM of any interest to me please.
-JG
Post up some pics

More info and pics here

Thanks,
-JG
Why can't I edit my original post anymore?
"whoops" :rolleyes: to *hoops. Asking $200 OBO for the Hawthorne.

-JG

Might go to this one, but, question.

Do we park and carry stuff in to sell, or pull in and unload?

get there super early, dump and then park. You may have to walk a few blocks after you park.

Yes - just drop parts off - cover them with a "keep people honest" blanket - park nearby - come back & set up - Ride Vintage - Frank

CC 13th Annual Swapmeet 1.jpg

Back