When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DL-1 Seatpost

-

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
image.jpeg
Another chapter in the education of a non-English speaking American.
It came with the bike, and was noted to be the wrong seat post and wrong seat. It looked like a good fit, and the knurling didn't bother me so I've put it into action. The seat just wouldn't stop spinning. As can be seen in the foto, I'm all out of pinchability. I took a measure and lo and behold, Batman, 0.992 inches. Would the experts please step in with the diameter of the stock item? Thanks. 1965
I sure like this bike.

I would try a 25.4mm or 1 inch seat post with the standard 7/8 inch top. If you want to go deluxe, Kalloy makes a light weight aluminum version.

If you only need a seatpost height of a hand-width, between top tube and rails, I have a great 25.4mm for such-a-deal
It's a Thomson elite that was forever long, so I cut it to my ride height. No longer in use since the demise of my GP frame, but an excellent 2-screw design that gives you infinite adjustment on the saddle tilt.
brooks.jpg

aP7220013.jpg

If you only need a seatpost height of a hand-width, between top tube and rails, I have a great 25.4mm for such-a-deal
It's a Thomson elite that was forever long, so I cut it to my ride height. No longer in use since the demise of my GP frame, but an excellent 2-screw design that gives you infinite adjustment on the saddle tilt.
brooks.jpg

aP7220013.jpg
Hey Bulldog, (sounds like the Beatles song,) Thanks for the offer. Does the saddle and bag come with?!
I've been following some of your activity on this site. I'd be proud to be using some of your equipage. I'm on the borderline of hand - hand plus. What is the actual length? Thanks, Mike
PS Congrats on your recovery.

I've got no problem with shims. You must be thinking of the BMW rider in Zen and the Art of M/C Maintenance. He wouldn't shim his handlebars with a beer can because it was below the standards of German engineering!
Shim shimaree shim shimaree shim shim sharee.

Back