When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

do we have no members in San Franisco

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

scooter_trasher

Finally riding a big boys bike
I can't I've been trying to give a heads up on three lightweights for 50 bucks in the bay area for two weeks on the ebay forum and and there still there and not any comments and one is a Super Sport, am I loosing my mind
http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/ss...eler-or-racer-60-buy-now-near-berkeley.84565/
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=351623699041
s-l1600.jpg

if I was there I would be all over them. I could fix each one up with new tires brake and cables for $30 and get at least $165 for each

I been wanting me one of them Super Sports, I guy could sell the Varsity or the 5 speed as is for 50 and the SS & other bike would be free

Super Sport without the Brooks Saddle is pretty much worthless.Without the Brooks I have seen them at garage sale prices.You have to take into account what they need to make them ride able.Tires,Tubes,cables ,brakes, all add on to the cost .The condition of the paint on those bikes looks poor and the cost to make them ride able probably wont be worth getting them.I have seen these Schwinns for $10 around here t garage sales.

I'll be in El Cerrito next tuesday,but no money and not really into these bikes.sometimes you just gotta let some slip away.

I been wanting me one of them Super Sports, I guy could sell the Varsity or the 5 speed as is for 50 and the SS & other bike would be free

Scooter, YOU and sfhschwinn must live in a town with a large state university. That's the only place I know of where skinny tired/lightweights bring that kind of money. [Perhaps it's because dorm rooms are several flights of stairs up!]
MY son-in-law stopped @ a garage sale in Milwaukee last summer and bought me a 1971 Breeze for $3.00. See before and after: I spent a week cleaning/greasing a bike with 44 years of condensation and dust damage; most of it on horizontal surfaces. It had NO wear... long tire knobs; only a slight shinny spot on one [not on four] corners of the kickstand pin. The chrome now shins as bright as new [BUT is pitted]. I will always keep it because of it's origin on my behalf; also, I know I could NEVER score $10.00 for it here. [Maybe on a September afternoon @ Bradley U. on Freshman Orientation Day?]. Below: Before/After. I see I got the rear reflector up-side down!

71 Breeze thx LaMichael.jpeg

LaMichael Breeze Done.jpg

No no collage town, around here it's Chicago Schwinn or department store junk , garbage picked Chinese bikes bring $20 minimum, if the tires hold air, people ride bicycles for transportation ( unless you live in Detroit City proper there is no bus service and that's spotty), this is ground zero in the war on the working class, 10 & 12 dollar an hour jobs are the norm not the exception now, people with collage degrees are working in restaurants, your green Breeze would bring 40 to 80 depending how it looks in person, even with it being a girls bike

Back