When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know About These?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Reed Henderson

On Training Wheels
Hello everyone!
About a year ago, I bought this Worksman tricycle for 50.00 in Wyoming. I learned that it was used in a missle repair factory in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas to move missle parts from one end of the factory to another because they weren't allowed to have anything gas powered. Can anyone tell me any more information? (Note: it is the yellow bike)

IMG_2255.JPG

IMG_2256.JPG

Worksman is still around, and they're usually pretty friendly if you call them for info. Just looking at their website will give you info on the models they still make, which haven't changed much over the years.

$50 was a great deal (I mean, if you like trikes,) new, they're $500+.

The history is cool. I had a 70's Worksman industrial cruiser that had "weapons ready" stenciled on the top tube. Someone found it half-buried at Camp Pendleton base in san diego. Those bikes last forever.

I believe the Harley Davidson Plant in Kansas City still uses these. You may wan to check out the Ft Leavenworth story. That post is primarily for advanced officer training and the military prison. I don't remember any missile repair facilities there. V/r Shawn

Back