When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double Green Schwinn BC117

-
So this list is dead wrong? I thought 37, but I know nothing about linear numbers.

Schwinn numbers.jpg

So this list is dead wrong? I thought 37, but I know nothing about linear numbers.

View attachment 415252

Yeah I don't think that one is very accurate. Your serial is the larger letters/numerals. Tim's list on Bicycle Chronicles is much more representative of what's been documented and also what I've owned or has passed through my circle of friends. Just my opinion, not an exact science.

It's either a 38 or 39, only 2 years of the BC with straight down tube.

And most of the 39/40 BCs I've seen have the 2 hole light, 38s usually have the larger single hole mount.

Also, it seems like Schwinn ran out of the aerocycle rack sometime in 39 and started putting 9 holes on there. My 40 BC had an original matching 6 hole.

Really cool bike, you have to be super pumped.

And most of the 39/40 BCs I've seen have the 2 hole light, 38s usually have the larger single hole mount.

Also, it seems like Schwinn ran out of the aerocycle rack sometime in 39 and started putting 9 holes on there. My 40 BC had an original matching 6 hole.

Really cool bike, you have to be super pumped.

What is the correct light on this thing? I keep looking at this one and thinking the light is wrong.

63205grnbc1.jpg

Back