When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dx verses c model

-
There are no Colsons in there, FYI.

Mike is a closet Schwinn collector so that book will be helpful. Rumor has it Mike has close to 30 pre war Schwinns stashed around town at a few good but silent friend's casas. He only rides his Schwinns in the wee hours of the morning and with that habit his silent friends gave him the nickname Black Phantom. :p

Not just the head tube angle, frame also has longer chainstays...wheelbase is longer overall

I feel they sit lower too. The BC frames also. Side by side B and BC , the BC looks like it is longer and lower. I personally like the head tube angle on the c mods and roadsters [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this comparison; how about some pics…
6021adf4d1946ec3ae0908d43a28c014.jpg
a43227df4ebc4e2a8a56d7641d7b43dd.jpg
c57be2519977b3859998b0285005374e.jpg

1936 Electric C model frame; rides real nice
Thanks for the input

Not just the head tube angle, frame also has longer chainstays...wheelbase is longer overall

The chainstays are the same length, I assure you they aren't longer. I just measured a dozen prewar schwinns today of all models and gender and they were all the same. One was a 35 girls with a b10 style rear end and several Cs included as well.

I feel they sit lower too. The BC frames also. Side by side B and BC , the BC looks like it is longer and lower. I personally like the head tube angle on the c mods and roadsters [emoji41]

The deluxe models with the curved chainstays have a lower bottom bracket than the models with straight ones like C, BC, and DX.

Back