When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Post-War Balloon Tire Fender Options Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Alienbaby17

Finally riding a big boys bike
How many different front fenders were there for the balloon tire bicycles?

I'm putting back together a 1946 Schwinn (Whizzer to be specific) and am in need of the front fender. My project has a springer fork on it.

I have seen three different type of Schwinn ballon tire "front ends."
I know some models have just a regular fork without a springer or truss rod setup. I know I can't use one of those fenders.
I have also seen some models that just have truss rods without a springer.
Then there are the models that have a springer with truss rods- I know that one should work.

My question is are the models with a springer fork with truss rods on it the same front fender as the models that only have truss rods with a non-springer fork?
I assume (possibly incorrectly?) that the men's and women's fenders are the same.

I'm trying to figure out what bikes I could get a donor fender off and want to know what I should be looking for.

Thanks.

image.jpeg

The springer fender is different then the truss fork fender. The mounting hole is in a diffrent location. Also early postwar springer fenders have two reinforcement tabs for the pivot bolt clip to fasten to. One on top called a tombstone and one on bottom called a diamond. Later got rid of the tombstone. Women's and men's are the same postwar. You could run a B6 fender with the built in light or you could run the standard fender without the built in light. Either way you are good

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back