When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Long Tank, Fender Over

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oldfart36

Riding One Of My Monark Super Deluxe's
1939-41 Pre-War 26" Elgin Long Tank, Fender Over.

After 5 years, pulling this one out, to finally get started on it. Plans are, to try and gently take the old re-paint back to the original paint under it, correct seat, and correct drop stand. I have the original wheels off, so they can be re-strung.

Found This Pre-War Elgin in a shed approx. 6 miles from my house. The original owners son (in his 70's) was having a yard sale. I asked if he had any bikes, he said he had his dad's in the back, and he might be willing to sell it. Well after being lead to the shed out back, and digging back to where the bike was, this is what I found. The dad rode this back and forth to work here in Parsons from the time it was new till up into the 60's. While he changed out the tires, seat, and personalized the paint, this bike is still a rider.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
If you decide you dont want to finish the bike or part it out I would like to have the tank. Thanks, Shawn

1st stage of get the old repaint back down to what's left of the original paint, this ones going to be cool, if I say so myself.

***Guys, really need some input here. The wine with creme scallops is the original paint. I can not find this paint scheme/design, anywhere! I've always assumed the bike was a 4 Star 39-41. Have any of you seen this paint scheme, and if so, on what Elgin?***

attachment.php

I've had a couple of these bikes in that exact same scheme and color combination. I'm pretty sure they were 1941 models.
I love the fact that you have an original survivor right there from your home town.
Nice work on the over paint removal. It looks like it's going to come back great.

I've had a couple of these bikes in that exact same scheme and color combination. I'm pretty sure they were 1941 models.
I love the fact that you have an original survivor right there from your home town.
Nice work on the over paint removal. It looks like it's going to come back great.

Any pics?

I only have a picture of this one from the day I sold it.
The other was traded before I ever got any pictures of it.
It was rough, but you can still see some of the paint detail.
e9cf5554975aa1154de7533daf364c0c-1.jpg
42d3996fb96264e2a588131315fdcd10-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back