When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Estate Sale Schwinn

-

Neanderthal77

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I loaded my 1 year old into the car to wait in line to buy this. It has a locking fork, Model D rear hub and model W front. The bars have the button hole on the left above the grip and another small one on the bottom by the neck. There is something still in there, will keep trying to get it out. The Wald pedals i really like, now I need to find tires and grips to match. The seat is being cleaned and hopefully can be recovered. Looks like the tires were red with white walls chain treads. What fenders and chaingaurd if it had one, should i be looking for? Also need to find a more age appropriate badge. Any other info is greatly appreciated.
IMG_20160325_103603.jpg
IMG_20160325_103707.jpg
IMG_20160325_110829.jpg
IMG_20160325_142803.jpg
IMG_20160325_173749.jpg
IMG_20160326_135512.jpg
IMG_20160330_152035.jpg

Nice find! And great clean up. It pays to go early to sales. See CrazyDaves first pre war bike in the 33 to 65 section to see the Roadmaster I missed by going to a sale 5 minutes late.

Those tires are cool. And a great score on the pedals.

Nice!
Hope you didn't have to wait long with the one year old. Wait a few more years and you'll need a leash.
Wes is the man to help with the lock issue.
What's inside the handle bars is the horn switch. If you need help with that, I can help. I've taken a few out and there are some tricks. If you are not careful, you can ruin the switch. Usually just the "AS" button breaks off which is a different piece and was made out of bakeolite ( spelling? ) which was an early form of plastic that didn't hold up very well. They reproduce that top part / button and if you are careful taking the old switch out, that's all you will need. I'm also in Chicago and would be happy to help.
Have fun either way!

Greg M.

GOOD EYE G.M.
I DIDN'T NOTICE THE HOLE FOR THE BUTTON.
N 77,
BASED ON THE SERIAL NUMBER, IT LOOKS LIKE THE FRAME WAS
MADE IN '38.
ENJOY!

I think the piece inside the handlebar is pretty crusty, but will keep trying. So I'm guessing that because of the handlebars this would have had a tank and the really expensive light? I would like to find fenders and chaingaurd though. Thank you for the info and compliments.

Back