When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finished Restoration Of My Bsa Folding Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rubber_Side_Down

On Training Wheels
It took a while but I finally finished my restoration of my BSA folding bike.

The bike was missing parts when I acquired it and although I was able to find some (front brake caliper, brake lever), I had to fabricate some of the parts myself (brake cable assemblies, brake pads, front brake pad holders, hardware), and was able to get some parts reproduction (saddle, grips). I restored it as close as I could to factory (even recreated some of the runs in the paint). I still need to find/reproduce a tool bag and frame pump but the bike is practically finished (any ideas or leads on these items would be appreciated).

I spend a lot of time digging through everything I could find on the internet to help with the restoration. I also documented the whole process in case my efforts may help others trying to restore one of these. The link to the facebook album that contains high resolution photos is here; https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10101361476432239.1073741835.12811241&type=1&l=9686429dd9

The reproduction of the brake cable housings involved old shoe laces and lots of pastidip. You can find detailed instructions on how to fabricate the cable housings on the website I was able to get many of the small parts to make the housings. It is at the very bottom of this webpage; http://www.myronsmopeds.com/category/cable-parts/

I hope some of this information may help others working on these bikes. I would be happy to answer any questions.
finished bike 34 view comp.jpg

Super job! I picked up one last week and it's mostly complete except for the seat and I have one coming in on Tuesday. I greased both hubs and the crank today and patina painted a generic pump.
20160409_195952.jpg
20160409_200343.jpg

Hello Lee , I have much of the same work to do on my Para bike, where was your saddle from and what did it cost if I may ask, I was planing on just using a newer Brooks but yours looks great so I might spend some $ on it, I have also been looking at those Bulgarian tool pouches,

also Chris your pump repaint looks good as well , what pump did you use? just something new off ebay ?

Back