When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold FOR SALE Iver Johnson Original 40-41 Super Mobike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

scrubbinrims

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Offering this up for sale at 650 shipped, a pinch more for West Coast.
I picked this up at auction recently and I am presenting it as found after cleaning the rims (and do they pop with the black!) and knocking some rust off the chromed parts.
I left the Royal Master ""Centipede" tires on because they are desirable and uncommon although this pair won't roll again.
This bicycle is rare (and I am not embellishing) and was top of the line before IJ stopped making bikes at the start of WW2...yes, it did come with a tank (that will be very, very hard to find) and rack (a challenge to find), but have been nicely reproduced by a CABE member.
All original paint and decal, but a couple of paint drips on back rim and fender that can be carefully removed.
Lower top tube is a lesser diameter by design and I believe is an '18 model (standard).
Not easy to find painted forks on a balloon tire IJ btw.
Has badge, good painted fenders with reflector and pinstriping, specific IJ cranks, Mesinger sliding rail saddle with a tornado type spring, uniquely curved bars (missing crossbrace), wood grain rims and New Departure hubs (untouched with grease overlay).
Chrome loss throughout being an "outbuilding find" but its a not so crusty survivor that has a nice look.
Questions on this thread welcome or by pm.
Chris

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess I'm going to pass but thanks for letting me know you were going to offer up for sale publicly after I had expressed an interest in buying it a few weeks ago. (where's my sarcastic font when I need it)

The ball was in your court Chris...review your pm's and you'll see I was the last to reply and I never heard back from you.
If you pass because you don't like the deal, that's fine, but out of principle is a mistake.
Chris

Its no big deal, but your last reply was just a comment that rims were cleaning up nicely. I was waiting for a price... I'm pretty broke right now anyway, but I am a tad butt hurt that you didn't check in. GLWTS.

Bumping for 600 flat shipped.
See this at Copake folks (didn't think so)?
Once you go black...
Chris

Back