When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Foremost midweight, what others are the same?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnman67

Finally riding a big boys bike
I had this Foremost midweight when I was in Jr High (about 1981-82) and I traded for a Schwinn Typhoon (bad choice, was not complete). I would like to find another like it, but I've never seen another Foremost.

I know that there were other brands that were similar (probably made by Murray??), so what were the others?

Attachments

• 1983-03_Foremost_Cruiser_Bike.jpg
    1983-03_Foremost_Cruiser_Bike.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 285
Foremost built by Murray for JC Penney. Yours was the Foremost version of the Sears Spaceliner. There were many others. I know jd56 has lots of know how on these.

youre right on the brand scott, jc penny. there was also a western flyer cosmic flyer model. same style bike.

Nice pic! Hiawatha and AMC had their version of this too. It had a rear rack from the factory, which this one is missing. The chain ring was changed out too.

Nice pic! Hiawatha and AMC had their version of this too. It had a rear rack from the factory, which this one is missing. The chain ring was changed out too.

When I got that, it was missing the rack and fenders. I got a girls version and stripped the fenders and seat. The front sprocket is a 44t Sugino and I think I had a 14t on the rear...

So far it looks like the other versions so far are...

Western Flyer Cosmic Flyer
Hiawatha ?????
Otasco Flying O Lancer
Sears Spaceliner

Just curious about the Spaceliner, I've seen them with the double cantilever frame and a single cantilever, why 2 styles?

When I got that, it was missing the rack and fenders. I got a girls version and stripped the fenders and seat. The front sprocket is a 44t Sugino and I think I had a 14t on the rear...

So far it looks like the other versions so far are...

Western Flyer Cosmic Flyer
Hiawatha ?????
Otasco Flying O Lancer
Sears Spaceliner

Just curious about the Spaceliner, I've seen them with the double cantilever frame and a single cantilever, why 2 styles?

Pretty sure all Spaceliners are double cantilevers. There are 2 distinct styles, 1964-65 and 66-68. The early versions have the "straight tank" and the later versions have the "forward thrust" tanks.

Otasco Flying O Lancer was a similar model. Also built by Murray.

This is my late 63' manufactured (64' model), well when I got it. I am bringing it back to life presently.

farm bike.jpg

Back