When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fork stop

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Thonyv1974_

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
Does anyone know what years this fork stop was used for ? My DX frame has one and a 1939 serial number. ....thanks. ...

20170402_192733.jpg

I have a springer fork coming soon for this and will be interested in a tank. ..

FRAME MADE IN 1940, BASED ON SERIAL NUMBER.
FORK STOP WAS USED WITH TRUSS ROD AND SPRING FORKS
TO PROTECT TANKS IN 1940-41, BUT NOT NECESSARILY EXCLUSIVELY.

Found this list for prewar Schwinn on Google, my frame date is a 39...

2017-04-02 20.06.06.png

Found a prewar springer fork and you can see where the fork hits the bumpstop on the frame. .

20170513_000807.jpg

20170513_000536.jpg

20170513_000620.jpg

Tim's list above was a work in constant progress. It's not like that precise serial number shown is the cutoff for the year. Considering transition models and inventory leftovers you might see some overlap.

Your frame is the 40 style for sure.

Dig out what's in there down to the hollow tube. Go to your local hardware store that has a good selection of fasteners and small bits in drawers - the place with that huge aisle or two of drawers. Look for the automotive stuff, and many have the rubber door and hood bumpers for various vehicles. There is a GM part that works perfectly:

IMG_5113.JPG

And will actually stop the springer from hitting the tank

Back