When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Freeform custom CWC frame meets chevy.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rick whitehurst

Finally riding a big boys bike
I started out with a ladies Cleveland welding co. Frame and cut out 2 of the welds and one brazed section. Then I had some heavy steel tubing in my shed and made a slight bend that pleased my eye and welded it into boys bike position.... Stripped the frame to the metal and primed with VHT high heat metallic gold ( a paint that adheres to metal better than any rattle can primers)... Then a very light steel wool and a burgundy topcoat.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm impressed with the work and imaginative ideas you have keep the pictures of the progress coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Agree, like to see more. The problem with other " gender benders" that I've seen is they end up looking a bit like Kaitlin Jenner, not quite right. I don't see that here so far. Also like your idea of using a high heat paint as the initial primer. I find the rattle can primers to be the weak link in getting a durable paint job with affordable products. Keep us posted, please.

Bthanks for the replies guys. I have some other old chevy parts Im going to incorporate into this freak. Meanwhile, Im no artist but I drew a rough sketch of how I imagine the forks to be... Will get serious about them soon.... Need to find an old set of 26" forks with a drastic curve... Will run them backwards for this plan to work. Lol... Crazy.

image.jpg

Not a bad sketch if you go get some graph paper you can actually scale it out, might be easier?

I Agree, like to see more. The problem with other " gender benders" that I've seen is they end up looking a bit like Kaitlin Jenner, not quite right. I don't see that here so far. Also like your idea of using a high heat paint as the initial primer. I find the rattle can primers to be the weak link in getting a durable paint job with affordable products. Keep us posted, please.
For best adhesion I only let the gold VHT dry for an hour or two before a very light steel wool rub, then recoated with the burgundy. Just dont use a laquer or an epoxy over the gold unless you want a crackle finish...lol, I learned that hard lesson a long time ago.

Not a bad sketch if you go get some graph paper you can actually scale it out, might be easier?

Yep... I'm going to do that after work tonight. I found some chrome 1x6 inch springs on eBay I can use.

Back