When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold FS: Schwinn Stingray Stik-Shift

-

STIKSHIFTER

Finally riding a big boys bike
For sale is a '79 Schwinn Stingray 3-speed in original paint. Beautiful original condition bike that obviously was well cared for and ridden very little. I've had this one in my collection for years and did the following upgrades. The thumb shifter was removed and an NOS 3-speed Stik-Shifter was added. The S3C rear hub was re-built including all new pawl springs, cleaned and properly lubed. Shorty rear fender was replaced with a new Schwinn chrome duck tail fender. The tear drop chain guard was swapped with an early style "Stik-Shift" blue chain guard. A chrome shock kit was added to the sissy bar. All of the chrome is stunning with the exception of a small amount of brake pad burn on the front S-7 hoop. The rear Slik is a new Schwinn replacement. The front tire has a brick pattern tread but is not a Westwind. The original blue hand grips still sparkle like new. The original blue banana seat is near perfect with soft vinyl and no rips or holes but does have a small dark area on the "sittin' spot". Original '79 owners manual and 1979 license plate are included. Asking $1099.00 (PRICE REDUCED: $850.00) plus shipping via Bike Flights. Please PM me. Thanks for looking :)

DSCN1471.JPG
DSCN1473.JPG
DSCN1476.JPG
DSCN1477.JPG

Last edited:
Nice bike. Is the CG original paint and silkscreen?
DarthVader, hard to find an original CG in this good of condition. The chain guard was from a "Stik-Shift" bike but screening was faded. Replaced with a Schwinn Approved decal. Thanks!

Back