When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GET-A-GRIP Bicycle Show, Swap Meet, Poker Run and Wagons March 25, 2017

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I hope you are making plans to be at the 2017 GET A GRIP Bicycle Show, Swap Meet, Poker Run and Battle of Wagons. We are roughly 3 and a half days out and it is looking to be the biggest show ever! I have heard from a lot of new vendors this year that are coming in with some great Bikes! We look forward to seeing all the returning faces and all the new ones as well. Have a safe trip in and if you are driving in on Friday, be sure to have reservations. We have lots of Hotels but being so close to Chattanooga some times we sale out from those wanting to stay away from the Rat Race of Chattanooga. We have a lot of beautiful Scenery here in Cleveland. If you will take a short drive 15 miles east out 64 Hwy you will see some of the most beautiful scenery ever. We welcome you to our city and the Show!!!!

Well the forecast started at 90% on Monday and has dropped to 20% so hopefully it will be a precipitation free event! V/r Shawn

As I write this we are 25 hours away from SHOW TIME!!!!
GREAT NEWS! I can't say too much but we are supposed to have a celebrity at the show tomorrow, unless he backs out. That is all I can say but I will have more details by lunch. The Weather? More Great News! they say the rain is supposed to move in around 7 pm Saturday night long after we are gone. So with that being said, load up everything you have from: family, bikes, wagons, parts and let us have a good old fashioned East Tn. Good Time!! Remember we are on the Eastern Time Zone and plan you trip accordingly.

It's almost tomorrow! all you folks ready? What you bringin' and what you lookin' for??
Please don't forget to take some pics and post 'em up here. It's tough to remember in the heat of swap meet battle, but we all love to see action shots from the field at meets we can't attend.
thumbsupa1.gif

Sorry Guys. Someone saw the american pickers van in town and well you guessed it they called me and my heart start thumping. Come to find out it is my friend from Nashville, Dave, who has one of their vans and always comes to the show. It was a great thought for about an hour. Anyway the weather looks great so do not let that stop you from having a great time. Come On!!

This was our 6th year for hosting the GET A GRIP Bicycle Show and this was the best weather so far and one of the largest turnouts to date. I am doing all the paper work now as I am a numbers guy and will post more information later. Thanks to everyone and I do mean everyone: well maybe not #22 that decided to leave all of his stuff he didn't want in his vendor spot, but to everyone that came a big THANKS! We will post a video once it is complete for you to say, Why didn't I go? Thanks also to Andrew for taking home the 1947 RoadMaster!

Due to unforeseen last minute family stuff I was unable to make it this year. Got a feeling I missed a good one. Can't wait to see the pics. V/r Shawn

As they say truth is in the numbers. GET A GRIP #6 was the largest show to date! Thanks to you we were up 6% over last year which we thought last year was good. We had a total of 38 different vendors who purchased 40 swap meet paces to make this thing huge! So many new faces this year!! As you know we raise money in the fight against Cancer and want this to be a fun event for Cancer Survivors to come and enjoy the day. To give you an example of what happened this past Saturday: As lady comes up and said she had been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and came all the way to support the cause by riding in the Poker Run. Low and Behold, Wow, She won 1st place in the Poker Run and won a $100. You should have seen the smile on her face! It reminds us of why we do what we do. We also unveiled the 2018 Giveaway bike for next year: 1935 Montgomery Ward Hawthorn. You read this right, this bike will be given away in 2018, I will give you more updates in post ahead. Thanks again for everyone making this such a huge success.

2.JPG

1.JPG

Back