When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Girls' Finest De Lux Equipped Elgin "Miss America"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
When I can't find NOS or high quality reproduction parts I have to make them myself.

I made a Reproduction 6 volt "Bicycle Battery" for a "Miss America" several years ago and now have to make one for mine from the photo shown here. I think I will use Rechargeable Batteries for mine.

I made up enough Pedal Straps to make 4 pairs of Reproduction Girl's Pedals. I have so much in them that NOS would be cheaper but at the time I could not find any. See photos that should be self explanatory. I have one set left.

Also took on project to make Cushion Stem, plan to make 2 and sell one to pay for mine. Got mine done and about 1/4 done with other one.

Glad I found a Super set of Allstate NOS Tires as I have no idea how to make them!

C00057axm.jpg
C04955.jpg
C04962mText.jpg
C04996cmm.jpg
C05544cm.jpg
C08493cm.jpg

Just finished all of the Striping. List below is the approximate total of stripes on this bike.

Front Fender 3 Stripes 7 ft. 8 in.

Horn Tank 8 Stripes 6 ft. 11 in.

Rear Section 8 Stripes 32 ft.

Rear Rack 7 Stripes 8 ft. 9 in.

Wheel Rims 4 Stripes 23 ft.

Head Light Mount 11 Stripes 1 ft. 8 in.

Front Fork 6 Stripes 7 ft. 9 in.

Rear Fender Brace 2 Stripes 2 ft. 2 in.

Frame 8 Stripes 4 ft. 1 in.

Total 57 Stripes 94 ft.

Also see Brake Light Switch detail.

C03948.jpg

C03950.jpg

Great idea & execution, I always thought that the stem collar looked a little unfinished by itself.

The original bikes did have a rubber collar as you can see in attached photo. A more accurate rendition would be to cut one from a HD inner tube and not double it as I did on the one I restored back in 2006. But I had to cement it to the housing or it would uncurl overnight.

You can go to: http://sure-vent.com/SamsElgin.html to see the bike I did in 2006 for a friend. The only striping I did on that one was the headlight mount and the rear rack. The rest I had a professional do.

C00269c.jpg

C00032mc.jpg

Back