When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Girl's Prewar Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TammyN

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just brought this home. It's a little rough, but it was cheap. Serial number is B60092 which is a little lower than that of my 1939 Schwinn, if that means anything. [/ATTACH]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460916528.633811.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460916550.801126.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460916563.159438.jpg
It has a Flying Star Badge.
I have two questions:
1. Is the chain guard original?
2. What kind of fender light was on this bike? The hole is pretty far back on the fender. Assuming the fenders are original.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
chain guard not original- it may be a lower model and the would be what the bicycle shop added. If the paint is nice under it, that may be the case.
Also if there is no marks of tank straps, it may be a lower line model. which would have not had some of the extra bits.
the light would be a 3 rib torpeedo style light.
the seat should be a slider seat.

Thanks. Here's what the seat looks like - straight post. I'm also thinking the fenders might be from a different bike. The fender stays are screwed rather than riveted to the fenders. I can see now that the hole in the fender is where it was attached to the fork and there's no hole where a light would have been. Also no marks from a hanging tank. Looks like I got the economy model! Got an okay-looking pair of lightning dart tires out of the deal.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460934080.041132.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back