When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodyear Red Clay Tires

-

saladshooter

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Howdy,

Anybody know of the best color match to prewar Goodyear Red Clay tires? Need a rider set.

IMG_3131.JPG

Thanks
Chad

Coker made repop b.f. goodrich silvertowns,10 years ago,or so,look identical,tiny bit narrower,but roll wonderful,too.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I got some of the Coker re-pops, barely used, and they were very hard, dried out and wore out quick. The seller claimed he got them that way from Coker.

Anyone else have that experience?

I got some of the Coker re-pops, barely used, and they were very hard, dried out and wore out quick. The seller claimed he got them that way from Coker.

Anyone else have that experience?

Yes.
I bought a pair several years ago.
Only one dried out quickly. The other one
is in good condition.
Both were kept in the same location and
conditions.
Not sure why only one went bad.

Well the preferred choice was the Coker repops. But I think you guys have talked me out of them with the dried out experiences.

Thanks for the heads up
Chad

Well the preferred choice was the Coker repops. But I think you guys have talked me out of them with the dried out experiences.

Thanks for the heads up
Chad

I have Coker tires on my 1946 truck and
also on my '63 beetle.
It's been years with no problem.
Could have been a bad batch on that
red tire.
Who knows! :(

These are probably 15+ years old and have very fine cracks and don't have many miles on them. Poor rubber mix maybe?
IMG_0784.JPG

Back