When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP IDENTIFYING HAWTHORNE

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ramjet70

Look Ma, No Hands!
Picked this up today for $25. Havent looked at the serial numbers yet. Just wondering if this is a "zep" model? It looks close to a 1939 model. Thanks for the help guys!
20170318_135132.jpg

Great score!! Looks good from here!! Obviously missing alot of the goodies but you have the twin bar/five bar style frame! Probably a Standard Twin Bar not Zep. Please post some more images, esp the bottom bracket & serial #, it will determine a Snyder or CWC build. The tube junctions to the BB are different~ Snyder built bikes have small protruding lugs on the BB wheras on CWC the tubes butt. Your forged type fork looks earlier and incorrect for either model or maker. This was a one year only model.

A plus find!:cool:

Catalog scan courtesy Dave's Vintage Bicycles

1939%20SS%20Wards%20pg624A.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. Its been painted and who owned it before put white stickers type darts back on it. I'll get some more pics tomorrow of serial # and other close ups.

Good score. Clean it up and be careful not to put more into it than what it's worth. I would install a front fender, chain guard, rear kick stand and new tires. I recovered my seat for less than $20. Find a scrap leather shop. Look forward good deals and make offers. The rim should clean up nice. Like most I use lacquer thinner to remove the old paint, 0000 steel wool, WD40 and tons of elbow grease. I have a good quality wire wheel and buffer on my bench grinder. Another option would be to just wash and ride.

If there are two screw holes on the top of the bottom tube it would of had a tank on it at some point and time. The screw holes held the horn in place inside the tank on the Zep models. Cool bike

The serial # and tube juncture at BB looks CWC. Do you have a pic of the rear fender stay? Is it curved or straight?

For reference here is a pic of a '37 CWC Fleetwood Roadster serial #. Notice the similar format and '9'.

DSCN5185.JPG

Last edited:
Back