When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help needed, please! Frame identification

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Classic Cool Rides

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
Hello CABE'rs
I picked up this Frame & Fork set and want to build it up .....
I can not identify it and unfortunately can't locate a serial number.
Does anybody recognize the maker ?? I see some unusual manufacturing style clues:
(notice the weld "blobs" at the back of the BB and the chainstay bridge >>>>>)
It appears that the chainstays were inserted into the BB shell and then 2 noticeable weld "blobs" kept it together.
Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me !
CCR Dave
BLUE FRAME 1.jpg
BLUE FRAME 6.jpg
BLUE FRAME 2.jpg
BLUE FRAME 3.jpg
BLUE FRAME 4.jpg
BLUE FRAME 5.jpg

IMG_1567.JPG
IMG_1571.JPG
Here is my Shelby Flying Cloud same frame, fork and truss rod setup. From what I have been told by more knowledgeable people on this site is the Shelbys can be very hard put a build date on. I have been told mine is most likely a 41, so who knows on yours.

View attachment 437094 View attachment 437095 Here is my Shelby Flying Cloud same frame, fork and truss rod setup. From what I have been told by more knowledgeable people on this site is the Shelbys can be very hard put a build date on. I have been told mine is most likely a 41, so who knows on yours.

Thanks for the reply and great pics of your Shelby! I love it... your frame does have matching features to mine.
Can you send me a closer shot of the Shelby Head Tube Badge ??
Thanks! CCR Dave

This is the only Shelby I have right now, and I can tell tell you it's arguably the best rider I own. The geometry on it is Awsome. Once you ride one, you can understand what Shelby collectors love about them. Great bikes!

I'm Loving those pics of BOTH of these Shelby pictured shared above !!

Question now comes up : Which chainguard is the "Original" design for this Flying Cloud model ?? I see 2 different ones here .....

I like them both ........ just curious. Chainguards are always such a mystery. THE most-likely-to-get-replaced item on bikes since they got banged-up so much .....

Love that "Flying Cloud" headbadge .......... I'm now searching for one!

Thanks again folks! Cheers! CCR Dave

Back