When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Please Regarding Item - Possibly To Do With Mark 1 Bsa Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dawn

On Training Wheels
I am wondering if the attached could be anything to do with BSA Mark 1 bikes. I have four of these discs and they were described as map weights when I bought them in a mixed military lot at an auction but I'm not convinced. They are just over 1" in diameter and about a quarter of an inch deep. Seem to be copper with lead coating top and bottom. Slightly magnetic. Varying weights between 54 and 74gms. Thank you for allowing me to pick your brains :) By the way my grandfather was in the Army Cycling Corps in WW1.

bsa1.jpg

bsa2.jpg

The G V with crown are indicative of items made during the reign of King George V (5th), whose reign lasted from 1910 to 1936...

BSA was actually an arms factory ( Birmingham Small Arms ), so these discs could very well be weapon related... British rifles of the period came with a disc in the wooden stock, but I doubt these discs were like these... But then again Brit rifles are not 'my cup of tea'...

Back