When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help With A Weird Corvette

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

shawn57187

Finally riding a big boys bike
I bought a 1954 Schwinn Corvette.

It came with painted fenders, a bendix 2 speed hub, and a faulhaber seat. Everything looks original (same patina), but I can't find Corvette's with painted fenders in the Schwinn catalogues. Any ideas how this bike came to be?

Serial number is N10824

Here's a picture (The bike is partially torn down because i'm getting ready to clean it. The 2 speed shift lever has been removed.)

IMG_1269.JPG

Maybe the fenders were from an American. Sometimes they used whatever was lying around. I like it.

oct 54 build date could it be a 55?does it have corvette on the chain guard,could be a 55 american[they came with 2 speed manual and front rim brakes]looks like brakes are gone,just sayin,looks like it has had the screw changed on right rear fender brace mount,gig it have a seat?
1955-schwinn-american.jpg

Last edited:
The seat tube decal will tell all! Corvettes never had painted fenders.

JFYI, There were no 2 speed Corvettes offered in 1955, coaster or three speed was it. The Tiger was a 3 speed and the American was the only middleweight cantilever frame that came with a bendix manual.

Last edited:
oct 54 build date could it be a 55?does it have corvette on the chain guard,could be a 55 american[they came with 2 speed manual and front rim brakes]looks like brakes are gone,just sayin,looks like it has had the screw changed on right rear fender brace mount,gig it have a seat?

The seat post tube has traces of the decal used on Tigers and Corvettes. The original pedals were Union. So my guess is its a frankenstein Corvette made by some dealer or its a Tiger with a Bendix.

I like the mini cycle!!!

Thanks, that's my Tailmaster project ;)

Are the pedals the bow type with screw on blocks? That's what the Corvette was equipped with.

Back