When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with seat.

-

WetDogGraphix

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Got this last weak, wondering what it might be for.....Thanks

IMG_0628 (002).JPG
IMG_0629 (002).JPG
IMG_0631 (002).JPG
IMG_0639 (002).JPG

If the post is 7/16" the seat is set up for a tricycle. This style of seat was used a lot on Mercury tricycles made by Murray Ohio back in the 1950s. It was also used on various children's sidewalk bicycles of that time...just needed a different Troxel seat clamp to accomodate a bicycle seat post if this clamp is not equipped with post reducing shims. If this was the one on ebay, I believe I had placed a bid on it myself.

Dave

Last edited:
If the post is 7/16" the seat is set up for a tricycle. This style of seat was used a lot on Mercury tricycles made by Murray Ohio back in the 1950s. It was also used on various children's sidewalk bicycles of that time...just needed a different Troxel seat clamp to accomodate a bicycle seat post if this clamp is not equipped with post reducing shims. If this was the one on ebay, I believe I had placed a bid on it myself.

Dave
Thanks for the info......yep it was there.....lesson learned on this seat, always read the size before bidding......it still could be yours....

Send me a PM if it is too small for what you need and you decide to re-sell it. That's why I didn't do any more bidding on it...it was a tricycle size seat, plus I didn't have an immediate need for it. Just a nice to have part should a future trike project need this style of seat.

Dave

Back