When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hiawatha Arrow

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Shawn

Look Ma, No Hands!
Suspect this is a 1938 or '39 ? Not in mint condition by any means but it's intact for the most part. Tank, rear carrier, chain guard and handlebars are there, even the headlight lens. Tires will be fine with new tubes. Chrome isn't great. Fork is bent back and will need to be straightened. There's a dent in the front fender which corresponds to the fork bending and the fender hitting the frame. Rear reflector and front fender ornament are missing. Pedals need new parts or to be replaced. Front fender braces need attention. No rear drop stand or the clip to hold it up. Most of these items are out there. It's a one owner Wisconsin bike. Man got it at age eleven (born 1927). Serial number on the bottom barrel is R618445. Plan is to make it a rider for now. Overall a neat find. Appears to be a rare bicycle that was expensive considering it was produced during the depression.
Hiawatha Arrow 1.png
Hiawatha Arrow 2.png
Hiawatha Arrow 3.png
Hiawatha Arrow 4.png

That's one all of us hope to find at a neighbors barn or garage sale!! Clean it up and ride the crap out of it!! Awesome find! Joe

My reason for posting this bike here was to share the bike itself and story of finding it. A friend discovered it at a farm near his cottage in Shawano County, Wisconsin. He's recently taken an interest in getting an old bike after riding one of mine and experiencing how fun it is. He showed me some pics asking if I thought it was a good one to get ? I said absolutely just because it looked cool and appeared to have the hard to find parts (rear rack, tank, chain guard, etc.) included. Just another cool looking old tank bicycle . . . but something kept me thinking about it as more than just like all the rest ? Then it clicked I'd seen one like it recently that one of my bicycle friends had built up from parts he'd collected. Looked at the pic he'd sent me and wow same bike. Asked him what an original one like he'd built was and he enlightened me. Now I tell my friend that he needs to go get the bike at his earliest opportunity. Also that it isn't a "garden bike" but is very special and if need be he should offer good money for it. By the weekend when he drives up to the cottage it turns out there's an estate auction at the farm and the bike will be sold on the auction. Uh oh. Well if it's meant to be it will be ? So I tell him if anyone else that knows old bikes sees it and understands what it is the price could soar ? Pretty likely at an auction. Tell him I'll put up my "bicycle money" towards the bidding. (he's yet to ask me for any $ so ?) Well it didn't sell as a $50 "garden bike". The seller and two other bidders there knew exactly what it was. Didn't even end up going as a $500 collectible old bike :( I feel it was worth it because of how special the bike is, how complete it is and just the opportunity to have discovered it plus my friend becoming the owner of such a bike. As I said plan is to get it into riding shape. He's undecided if it will go up for sale as of now ? Either way I thought it was a bit of a crazy story worth sharing and posted it here.

Love the back story to some of these neat finds!

TY for sharing Shawn!

Back