When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horn Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rusty.kirkpatrick

I live for the CABE
Tried to get this horn to work with no luck. Cleaned the tabs where the batteries make contact, cleaned the end of the wire coming from the horn, cleaned the little brass tab also. It's obviously missing the little screw on the tab, but I pressed a screw in the hole and still didn't work. Doesn't look terrible inside, so figured its salvageable. First old horn so any tips are appreciated, thanks.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Try bypassing the button to see if it's the prob?
I usually have to fiddle with the tone adjustment screw to get 'em to squawk

There's 2 screws on the horn: one that holds it to the bracket and one with a locknut off to the side. This one adjusts the tone and can prevent the horn from sounding if out of adjustment.

QUOTE="rustjunkie, post: 570702, member: 38673"]Any tips @the tinker ?[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I have never thought about horns that much. When I read your reply on the "tone" adjustment I just said to myself "Man ya learn something everyday" Good call Scott.
The reason I don't think about if the horn works or not is I never use them. Don't put batteries in them because I am afraid I might forget about them and destroy a tank.

Back