When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horn Problems, Won't Shut Off! Help!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Evans200

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
Dang old horn is driving me nuts. 57 Monark Coupe De Ville. Delta horn. Wasn't too bad of shape, soaked it in evaporust overnight (not the horn itself, but everything else) and had it working properly with the push button.........for a little while. Then it decided to beep constantly even with the button not pressed??????
Battery is brand new.
100_3195.JPG
100_3197.JPG
100_3198.JPG

Any clues guys? Will replace it if I have to,maybe it's just plain old worn out. Thanks for any tips!
100_3193.JPG

Take the battery out, it will stop :p Hahaha...Seriously though, it appears the flat piece of steel that the button is pressed to make contact too is bent and constantly making contact. Bend it so that it only makes contact when the button is depressed.

Thanks for the tips guys. It's not the button though, it has enough space. Might be the insulator, not sure how to fix that other than just buying a new unit.

Every horn I have had was the same. I usually put some WD-40 directly in the horn, let is set a bit then rap it on my bench a couple of time. Works every time. Never had one that wouldn't work (at least not yet)..

Glad you got it working.

Mike

Back