When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How To Make The Most Entertaining Bike On The Planet

-

Goldenrod

I live for the CABE
IMG_6644.JPG
IMG_6646.JPG
IMG_6647.JPG
IMG_6647.JPG
IMG_6643.JPG
IMG_6648.JPG
IMG_6649.JPG
IMG_6650.JPG

A 1969 Schwinn girls bike was reshaped into this trick bike for a parade around 1998, which is the date of the quarter, that was used as a plug. After purchasing this at Ann Arbor several days ago, I put on fenders, an ape bar, and cleaned up the gorilla weld on the extra pivot at the bike's center. The Sears (?) white, back rack with a Cats Eye reflector came on it. With (future) blue rims it will be ready for the three parades I do each year. Hollow square stock was cut to form the base of the new head tube. Notice that the curved cross bars came from the lower part of the girls bike? I will soon dress it up with pin stripes, reflectors and a round racing number plate for the hole in the crossbars but I couldn't wait to show how you can cheaply do a project and then get to feast on hospital food. You can take the bird off and squeese it to call the youngest nurse.
It isn't that dangerous once you get over the loosey-goosey nature of the ride. It is like riding a unicycle with a front pivot that you can also use to steer. Jimmy Osmond sold 20 " swingers but this homemade seems to be more stable for adults. I can ride it up to the limits of tipping on all types of turns and sideway swinging. I have ordered a t-shirt that says," Knocked Off Clown--Stole Bike". Thanks to the person who sold it to me and then ran away and the bike's designer.
If your body is not damaged, then why not take a risk? Should I name this bike "911"?

Last edited:
I was kind of bummed you were dissing my Giraffe Unicycle riding as being dangerous and reckless.. Then I saw this post and this bike !!
Yeeeaaah Brother !! Love it !

I was kind of bummed you were dissing my Giraffe Unicycle riding as being dangerous and reckless.. Then I saw this post and this bike !!
Yeeeaaah Brother !! Love it !

I love your Giraffe bike. I just have a warped sense of humor and I'm lacking in vertical courage. Maybe we're brothers, separated at birth. If you have horizontal courage, you can ride mine anytime. The ducky horn is my favorite part, like Harpo Marx.

Last edited:
Back