When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman serial number project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1944 Firestone featherweight - Huffman

sn: H152045

Attachments

• 12-25-11 Christmas Day 016 (Medium).jpg
    12-25-11 Christmas Day 016 (Medium).jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 167
huffy?

I recently found a bike in an old trash dump on my farm. I believe it is a huffy, possibly a 59 huffy convertible with detachable tank. I don't know much about older bikes and i was hoping some one could shed some light on the subject. The serial number on the left rear frame is G111715. I would like to restore it for my daughters but matching the original paint and striping will be difficult with out some references as most of the paint is gone. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I am adding some pictures if i can figure out how to do it.
2012-03-21_22-58-55_611.jpg
2012-03-21_22-59-06_8.jpg
2012-03-21_22-57-27_686.jpg

Just to add to the confusion,
Here is the number that is stamped on the bottom bracket/crank hanger of my Huffman built Firestone Fleetwood Supreme.

H 26302

It appears exactly like that.

The bike seems to be a late 1937/early1938.

The seat stays run straight back to the fender tip indicating a 37 style, but the fork profile is of the 38 type with the reinforced truss rod eyelets.

The frame/fork & fenders appear to be original to eachother.

The odd thing, is that it has a Firestone Archer badge on it,(Not the Fleetwood badge) and it also appears to be original to the bike. Strange.

Still, do you have a location one can go to, to look at the compiled serial# list / pictures that were submitted to your project?

Scott, I will assume this is the place one would go to see the pictures and related serial numbers. Thanks for having this available.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Huffman Byke serial number 1H222075

I found an old Huffman Byke serial number 1H222075 with a springer front end this is for your serial number survey this is my first old byke.
Hi, This post is going to be for keeping track of the serial numbers of Huffman made bicycles. I will try to keep up with editing this post and updating the list. Hopefully this will help develop a basis for dating these bikes where none has existed before.The second post will have the list please feel free to post your numbers and a photo if you can or e-mail them to me and I will add them to the list. check back often and feel free to copy this information.
Please don't mis-use it or I'll hunt you down and
fiets870gif-1.jpg

1939cover2.jpg

1939Huffmaninner.jpg

Scott:cool:

Just bought first bike

Firestone Cruiser
Model #18039A105
Ser#A1710562
I am new to this hobby, and just found this web site. I will need a chain guard and headlight to have a complete bike. Any help on what year or anything else would be appreciated.
Thanks
Beacheagle

Please, to keep this post as useful as possible, could everyone please verify they have a Huffman before posting here. there are a few here who don't know what they have. if you are not sure what you have, please ask in one of the general forums.
Also please post photos, it makes a huge difference.
another bit of help, not all Firestones are made by Huffman. Firestone used many manufacturers over the years.

@bram1 your bike isn't a Huffman or Huffy, it looks like a Rollfast.
@Beacheagle please post photos of your bike in the Balloon tire bike forum for someone to help identify your bike. very few Huffmans ever carried the "Cruiser badge" and your serial doesn't look like a Huffman number.
Thanks.;)

I've had my bike for about 2 years now and was told it was a Monark when I got it, well the chain guard is definitely a Monark, turns out its a 43 Dayton. Serial is H118029_3_1943

Airflyte

Hello All,

I have an Airflyte Serial #A20507-3. Does anyone have any information about it? I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet.

Thanks.

Back