When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman serial number project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm going to guess that the second digit is an O not a zero which leaves the first digit too mean 1951. why the next number is upside down is anyones guess.
the traits of the bike are consistent with this theory I think.

Hi. I just joined because I want to learn more about my bike.
Huffman Airflyte

serial numer..jpg

DSC00001..jpg

DSC00007..jpg

HI, you have a 1958 Huffy Middleweight possibly with the wrong fenders the fender braces usually are curved and bolt to the frame not the axles. being of a newer vintage than I typically deal with they may be correct but I'm not sure. very cool, very ridable. it should have peaked fenders, they should come to a point on the top of them rather than being rounded. I'm going to guess the head badge is off something earlier, though it may also be correct, but by 1958 they had pretty much gone to aluminum lithograph badges. it's a cool badge but it will need quite a bit of work to get it right again. they were flash nickel plated and had red and black paint.
I can add it to the serial list if you like, sadly I can't edit the original post anymore so I'm keeping the list up to date on my site at:
http://classicbicycles.comuv.com/phpBB3/index.php

I don't know if you want to include Dayton branded bikes, but I think it may be of interest for some folks. To the best of my knowledge, mine is a 1918 model 172 "Motorbike". It appears to be the same as appears in images of a 1920 catalogue on Nostalgic.net (Thanks Dave). Mine has a serial number "721242". I don't know if there is any rhyme or reason to their serial numbers. I worked at a company building frames for recumbent bikes in the 1990s, & the serial number coding was ridiculous. Each year, the numbers simply started over at "0001"! I suggested we have a year (& possibly a model code), but my suggestion was summarily dismissed... They went bankrupt...

Just picked this up the other day, the ad is still on CL. Nice guy, gave me $50 off asking price.

S/N: 7H054773

New Dep front hub, Mussleman Model M rear hub, bald Goodyear tires on drop center rims, aftermarket Newspaperboy Bag Rack attachment, aluminum neck with H bolts. Would be nice if I can find the correct rear rack, kickstand and tank.

The serial number thread puts this in as a 47 or 57?

front (Medium).jpg

Definitely a 1947, most likely a Firestone Pilot, there are Pilot badges on ebay or I have one or two around. you need the embossed one.
Both the serial number project and the Firestone catalogs are maintained on my site. I am not able to edit the posts here and can't add serials to the list any more.
feel free to join, and join in on my site.

do these belong here?

H 231173 S and K 53985 ? ? Help me help you help meee...please and thank you... Just bought these to sell them... Having te utmost troublesome time. Thanks!

I have what I think is a '40 or '41 Firestone Fying Ace. Before I post a picture, where can I find the serial number chart you guys are adding to? Thanks Tom

Back