When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman springer history

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

4scuda

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
image.jpg
When did huffman come out with the schwinn like spring fork. I thought it was late 40s but ran across a long tank bike with it. Was this springer original equipment or was it added?

037.JPG
There is a picture of your bike with a springer on page #114 of the Huffman book by John Polizzi. Chain guard is different.
Year not given. The model # says: Deluxe Special Model No. 41 S F.

Last edited:
That looks original to your bike. Huffman introduced their "Gliding Ride" spring fork in 1941.

image.jpg
I was also skeptical because the fork is black and doesn't match the frame color. As you can see the rack is also black. I Also saw an earlier dayton with a spring front and three gill tank. Didn't get a great look as it was packed in with other bikes.

View attachment 426652 I was also skeptical because the fork is black and doesn't match the frame color. As you can see the rack is also black. I Also saw an earlier dayton with a spring front and three gill tank. Didn't get a great look as it was packed in with other bikes.

That would have been the bike to get! The fork may have been replaced on the other one and I don't believe the rack is correct for that bike.

image.jpg
I went back and got the dayton and got a better picture of the huffman headlight.

Back