When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I couldn't wait!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Glad you got it out of your system.
Today the weather was sunny so
like you... I couldn't wait!

The ride downhill was great!
But had to walk part of the way uphill.

Pete, here's hoping that you have
mostly flat roads and not flat tires
in the future!

"Ride vintage....ride on!"
(got that from Desireé) :)

Last edited:
Thanks to all the CABER's for your words of encouragement. Now I have decided to use the old Hawthorne as my delivery bike. I have a ebay store and I sell stuff about every-other day I have to ship it. Most of the stuff is small and I take it to the post office, which is one mile from my house. I currently use my 1980 MGB to deliver the stuff, but now I want to use the bike.
In the barn of my wife's cousin I found a basket for the bike. The cousin said it was on the bike when he got it, but it was not cool, so he took it off. I spent the better part of two hours cleaning it up and putting it on the bike. I have to take this learning to ride pretty slow. For me to ride a mile and then back, would be pretty hard to do. I can almost coast from my house to the post office, but it is all uphill coming back. Google says my house is 59 ft. higher elevation than the PO.
I live at about 13 1/2 street and the PO is on the corner of 2nd and National. That's about 13 blocks one way, downhill going and uphill coming back. To test my durability, I decided to try to go halfway today, and that would be to 6th Street. It's 20 degrees cooler today with a pretty stiff wind out of the north....I put on my sweater and headed out. Before I got to 6th my legs said "turn around", even going downhill, but the wind was in my face, holding me back. I made it to 8th Street and turned around. The wind was now at my back but it didn't seem to be blowing quite so hard. I huffed an puffed my way back to 12th Street where most of the elevation difference takes place. I then got off and pushed the bike the final 2 blocks and put it away in the garage.
This is how it stacks up:
Yesterday to 10th,
Today to 8th,
Tomorrow to 6th,
Tuesday to 4th,
and Wednesday to the PO. (but I will still have to push the last 2 blocks coming back)
I hope i haven't bored you all and thanks for the support!

Pete

I forgot the pictures

IMG_8434.JPG
IMG_8436.JPG

Thanks to all the CABER's for your words of encouragement. Now I have decided to use the old Hawthorne as my delivery bike. I have a ebay store and I sell stuff about every-other day I have to ship it. Most of the stuff is small and I take it to the post office, which is one mile from my house. I currently use my 1980 MGB to deliver the stuff, but now I want to use the bike.
In the barn of my wife's cousin I found a basket for the bike. The cousin said it was on the bike when he got it, but it was not cool, so he took it off. I spent the better part of two hours cleaning it up and putting it on the bike. I have to take this learning to ride pretty slow. For me to ride a mile and then back, would be pretty hard to do. I can almost coast from my house to the post office, but it is all uphill coming back. Google says my house is 59 ft. higher elevation than the PO.
I live at about 13 1/2 street and the PO is on the corner of 2nd and National. That's about 13 blocks one way, downhill going and uphill coming back. To test my durability, I decided to try to go halfway today, and that would be to 6th Street. It's 20 degrees cooler today with a pretty stiff wind out of the north....I put on my sweater and headed out. Before I got to 6th my legs said "turn around", even going downhill, but the wind was in my face, holding me back. I made it to 8th Street and turned around. The wind was now at my back but it didn't seem to be blowing quite so hard. I huffed an puffed my way back to 12th Street where most of the elevation difference takes place. I then got off and pushed the bike the final 2 blocks and put it away in the garage.
This is how it stacks up:
Yesterday to 10th,
Today to 8th,
Tomorrow to 6th,
Tuesday to 4th,
and Wednesday to the PO. (but I will still have to push the last 2 blocks coming back)
I hope i haven't bored you all and thanks for the support!

Pete

Pete....you can "bore" me anytime!
Keep on posting, always enjoy reading from members and how they're doing.
The good and the bad.
If I can offer something positive to make your day a little better,
Let us know! :)
jake.

Back