When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I found another use for bike tires...

-

Kstone

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Got a new bike in today. I'll share when she's together...but she's an original men's 50s Columbia covered in pin striping. Pretty girl.

Anyways, while I had a spare tire from the Columbia, I took off my roadmaster's funky front tire to confirm if it was infact the source noise problem...

I look away for a second and then find this little bugger mesmerized.

I think I finally found a way to entertain my cat without actually doing it myself.

Because as a Man, there is no way that I'm riding a him!!!! But, if you prefer, you go right ahead...up to you!

BTW, love the Cat video......now I need to set up a wheel in my gameroom :)

The same reason cars are called she?
Why would a mens bike be called she?? Roger

My first answer would be, because objects of transportation are usually she's. The Latin root of many of our transportation words are feminine. Also, we can reference former societal norms of bicycles, boats, horses, and cars being originally controlled by men and then assume said object is a "woman"... These vehicles, especially ships were also named after the actual women in their lives.
Or we could go into the idea that if you treat your vehicle the same way you'd treat a woman, she/it will take care of you.
Finally, at the root, these forms of transportation were "life providing" containers. Especially boats and cars. Which then links back to the idea of the mother and the life cycle. So technically, a bike would be within the realm as something that "carries" you.

And my second answer would be, because I do what I want :D

My first answer would be, because objects of transportation are usually she's. The Latin root of many of our transportation words are feminine. Also, we can reference former societal norms of bicycles, boats, horses, and cars being originally controlled by men and then assume said object is a "woman"... These vehicles, especially ships were also named after the actual women in their lives.
Or we could go into the idea that if you treat your vehicle the same way you'd treat a woman, she/it will take care of you.
Finally, at the root, these forms of transportation were "life providing" containers. Especially boats and cars. Which then links back to the idea of the mother and the life cycle. So technically, a bike would be within the realm as something that "carries" you.

And my second answer would be, because I do what I want :D
that right ;)

We don't cotton to no book learned smarty pants women 'round here.

Yep...

8073335_G.jpg

...BTW, love the Cat video......now I need to set up a wheel in my gameroom
There are two reasons my cat has been trained to stay away from bike wheels. The first is concern for the cat, the second is concern for my tires. She remembers the squirt bottle.
a1P3230005.jpg

Why would a mens bike be called she?? Roger
Because your mountain bike is your friend, but your road bike is your lover.

Last edited:
Got a new bike in today. I'll share when she's together...but she's an original men's 50s Columbia covered in pin striping. Pretty girl.

Anyways, while I had a spare tire from the Columbia, I took off my roadmaster's funky front tire to confirm if it was infact the source noise problem...

I look away for a second and then find this little bugger mesmerized.

I think I finally found a way to entertain my cat without actually doing it myself.
CUTE!
BELIEVABLE!

Back