When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I had no idea

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

phantom

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=192114572364

$1,385 and reserve not met......
s-l1600.jpg

All because the Klunker guard. The mountain bikers that coined the term "klunker" I believe threatened (or did) sue Schwinn over the name. Schwinn changed the name to Cruiser 5 in response. The Klunker 5 guard wasn't produced very long.

the guard is where the money is.from what I remember,it was a 6 month run before the lawsuit.I imagine a complete,original bike could end up going a bit higher than it is now,but not a bunch higher.

All because the Klunker guard. The mountain bikers that coined the term "klunker" I believe threatened (or did) sue Schwinn over the name. Schwinn changed the name to Cruiser 5 in response. The Klunker 5 guard wasn't produced very long.

Well that's pretty close. After the Klunker name came the 1979 Spitfire 5, then the 1980 Cruiser 5's.

The guard on that looks like it was screened, no decal, so I would say it's legit.

Back