When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I know what this is,but I dont know what it is..:-P

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikesnbuses

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I posted this bike in the Sunday show and tell thread..
I picked up this odd(as in I cant find any info on it), "Astro" lightweight bicycle..Im assuming that most of the parts were switched out with American parts?;Schwinn grips,prewar stem,ND 2 speed,US Royal Chain tires..etc..? Yes?
The headbadge decal reads; Astro Cycle Company, Smethwick Birmingham '
But I couldnt find any info on it,and I ASSUMING someone bolted on almost everything Amersican/ Schwinn to the frame/fork ? Or maybe for some reason this was something that was sold like this??
Any thoughts?I have the serial # also.. Thank you! Jeff
20161105_143516.jpg
20161105_143722.jpg
20161105_143557.jpg

Many different brands, large and small, were made in Birmingham. The city was a large center of manufacturing. Your assessment is right: it's an English bike that was stocked with American parts because they were what was available here. You might be able to straighten the steerer tube with a press rig or a Little Brute tool. Interesting bike.

Thanks for the help guys..This bike is really cool!I love the patina! But..not what I collect..Trying to figure if I should part it out :oops: or sell it as a whole..

Great bike! I think the combination of the English frame (like mentioned above, I also suspect Astro may be a Phillips sub brand) with American lightweight parts is really interesting - an original "Frankenbike". I vote for keeping the bike whole.

Back