When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info on this grip please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Robertriley

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Well, I have this info from the patent but I've never seen this grip before and I'm wondering if it was an after market grip or came on a bike. Also, I'd love to find a mate to it if you have one.

DESCRIPTION (OCR text may contain errors)
Aug. 24, 1937. STARK Des. 105,813 V BICYCLE HANDLE GRIP Filed May 21, 1957 INVENTOR. L 00/5 SMRK ll 4 I v 1, 5 '1 ATTORNEY Patented Aug. 24, 1937 Des,

UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE DESIGN FOR A BICYCLE HANDLE GRIP Louis Stark, Brooklyn, N. Y., assignor to Kastar Specialty Mfg. 00., Inc., a corporation of New 3 York Application May 21, 1937, Serial No. 69,464

Term of patent 14 years To all whom it may concern: Fig. 1 is a view in perspective of a bicycle handle Be it known that I, Louis Stark, a citizen of grip, embodying my new design;

the United States, residing at Brooklyn, county Fig. 2 is a side elevational view; and

of Kings, State of New York, have invented a Fig. 3 is an end view thereof.

new, original, and ornamental Design for a I claim:

Bicycle Handle Grip, of which the following is a The ornamental design for a bicycle handle grip specification, reference being bad to the accomas shown.

panying drawing, forming a part thereof, and in LOUIS STARK.

USD105813-0.png

thumbnail_20170614_081537.jpg
thumbnail_20170614_081527.jpg
thumbnail_20170618_085417.jpg

The Patent Number is the same but it doesn't look like the same grip design to me. Maybe the og design evolved over time into what you have?? The grip you have looks like that which would be oem on some Monarks.

The Patent Number is the same but it doesn't look like the same grip design to me. Maybe the og design evolved over time into what you have?? The grip you have looks like that which would be oem on some Monarks.
I saw some similar on Monarks but they flared out on the ends.
s-l1600.jpg

Back