When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info On This King Size Heavy Duti

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Lynotch

Finally riding a big boys bike
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Possibly buying this February 1965 heavy duti with large head tube. Any info would be greatly appreciated originality, worth, rarity ect.

image.jpeg

bars,seat and pedals will set you back a bit of change.paint is pretty rough too.if the wheels will clean up and you're not worried about paint,I would give it a go if reasonable.I wouldn't go more than 150 or so.these are a one year only offering,so kinda scarce.

bars,seat and pedals will set you back a bit of change.paint is pretty rough too.if the wheels will clean up and you're not worried about paint,I would give it a go if reasonable.I wouldn't go more than 150 or so.these are a one year only offering,so kinda scarce.
So they only made these in 1965? Seller wants $280 and is firm.

not such a good deal.seat-75 bucks.pedals-50-75 bucks.bars-30 bucks.paint is beat to hell.wheels look pretty crusty.can't just replace them easy.tractor tires can be pricey.all if you're looking for correct parts.if you just want a taller rider,then it's good for that.still high priced.
the deal with these are they were the last year kingsize frame.prior to 65,all the kingsize models were the American line.65 was the only year they used parts other than strictly American made.Union front hub,pedals.they also didn't specify "kingsize" on the chainguard.
one thing to remember about Schwinn,rarity usually NEVER means high value.there are some exceptions,but middleweights not so much.if you're comfortable,maybe 200,but but definitely not a flip for profit deal.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm not even a tall guy I was just mesmerized buy the tall frame but your right, if I wouldn't be able to get my money back when I resell it it's not worth it.

I agree with the above comments on this specific bike. These KS bikes are cool and the HD KS bikes are even cooler and more difficult to find. In addition to the fork and frame being specific to this model, the rear fender is also a KS version. Stumbling onto nice condition KS specific parts to upgrade a rough bike can be frustrating to say the least. Familiarize yourself with the look of the longer steer tube enough so you can recognize it in photos. Them start combing through every HD and American for sale ad and you'll find one. I have 4 or 5 of the KS bikes and not once did the person selling them ever know what they had. Good luck buddy.

Yeah it was a really cool bike but a little rough and a little too expensive. I like to enjoy bikes for a while and move them along as long as I don't buy high and sell for lower.

Back